科目 英语
年级 高一
文件 high1 unit18.doc
标题 Unit 18 The necklace
章节 第十八单元
关键词
内容
单元重点
Ⅰ.语言要点
accept, invitation, after all, continue, call on, day and night, pay back, at the most,
worth, not…any more
Ⅱ.日常交际用语
1. Where have you been all these days?
2. What happened?
3. We did have a good time.
4. Excuse me. I’ve lost a case I wonder if it’s been found.
5. Can you describe the case?
6. Where did you last have it?
7. We asked everyone there if they had found …, but without luck.
8. We couldn’t find it; it was lost.
Ⅲ.语法
疑问句的直接引语和间接引语
e.g.1. He asked if she was Pleased.
2. She asked him how many People were going to the ball.
背景知识介绍
1.作者
Guy de Maupassant(莫泊桑1850—1893)was a well—known French novelist and short –story writer.在少年时他就对文学表现出了浓厚的兴趣,很小的时候开始写作,在30多岁成为著明的小说家,他的大部分作品讲的是人们的日常生活。1871年开始,他在政府部门就职,这期间他熟悉了政府职员的生活。这段经历帮助他创造出了他的著名短篇小说“项链”。他的作品简洁明了,讽刺运用得恰到好处。莫泊桑晚年承受疾病围绕,1893年病逝于巴黎。
2.有关这部戏的介绍
“项链”这篇课文是一个独幕剧,它包括三个人物:Mathilde Loisel, a yang woman;
Pierre Loisel, Mathilde’s husband, a government worker; Jeanne, Mathilde’s good friend.
课文难点分析
1. Scene1 A park in Paris ……walks towards her.
这部分用斜体表示,或象下文一样置于括号中,叫做舞台指导说明(stage directions )一般使用现在时态。戏剧一般首先介绍故事发生的时间(time)、地点(place)和剧中人物(characters)。在这一段中有了具体介绍。
2. …but I don’t think I know you. 我好象并不认识你。
I don’t think I should do that. 我认为我不该做那件事。
I don’t believe she will come. 我上信她不会来。
“think, believe” 这两个词的否定式在主句中表示,而宾语从句中的动词用肯定式。
3. In fact you do. 事实上你认识我。
=In fact, you know me. 为了避免和前面重复,所以用助动词代替。
e.g.①We all love singing, but he doesn’t. 我们都喜欢唱歌,但他不喜欢。
②Class 2 went to a picnic, but Class 1 didn’t. 2班去野餐了,但1班没去。
4. recognize vt. 认识,辨认
e.g.①She was so changed that I hardly recognized her. 她变得我几乎认不出来了。
②Harry recognized me in the crowd. 亨利在人群中认出了我。
5. Where have you been all these years? 这些年你上哪儿去了?
e.g. The teacher asked Jane, “You didn’t come to school, last week, where have you been?”
老师问Jane,“你上星期没来学校,去哪儿了?”
6. That’s because of hard work. 那是因为劳累。
e.g.①He couldn’t go further. That’s because of his wounded leg.
他不能再往前走了,因为他的腿受了伤。
②He cried because of the pain in his arm = He cried because he had a pain in his arm.
他因为胳膊疼而哭了。
because of后面跟名词在句中作状语与because加句子引导的状语从句意义相同。
7. Have times been hard for you? 这些年境况不太好吧!
times这个词我们以前见过:(morden times )表示目前或某种特殊时期的生活情况或环
境,可译作“日子”、“境况”、“时代”。
e.g.①He didn’t complain of hard times, but kept on working hard.
他没有抱怨时势艰难,相反的是一直努力工作。
②Students thought times are terrible in July. 学生们认为7月是一段难熬的日子。
8. But what happened? 发生什么事了?
happen take place. 没有被动式。
e.g.①I remembered the whole things as if it happened yesterday.
我记得整个事情,就好象是昨天发生的。
②──Why didn’t the boss come yesterday? 为什么老板昨天没来?
──An accident happened to him. 他出事了。
9. Do you remember one afternoon ten years ago when I came to your house and borrowed a
necklace of yours. 10年前的一个下午,我到你家借过一条项链,你还记得吗?
Ten year ago和由when 引导的定语从句一起修饰afternoon.
e.g.①Cart still remembers one afternoon in his first year when the professor took the students the Chemistry lab.卡尔仍然记得一年级时教授带学生到化学实验室去的那个下午的情景。
②There are thousands of starts in the sky that are like our sun.
天空中有成千上万颗像太阳一样的恒星。
10. I’ve written to accept the invitation. 我已经写信表示接受邀请了。
e.g.①I received a note, but didn’t accept it. 我收到了一张支票,但没接受。
②Jack received my letter, and accepted my advice.
Jack收到了我的信并且接受了我的建议。
③give sb. An invitation给sb发邀请(invite sb. to…)
refuse sb’s invitation. 拒绝sb的邀请。
11. I haven’t got an evening dress for the ball! 我没有参加晚会的礼服啊!
12. But, just this once. After all, this ball is very important.
不过就这么一次,要知道,这次舞会很重要啊!
after all“毕竟,终究,到底”。用来说服或提醒对方,引出对方似乎忘记了的某个
重要的论点或理由。
e.g.①They met with difficulties, but I hear that they’re succeeded after all.
他们遇到了困难,但我听说他们终究是成功了。
②She said she would not go to the ball, but she went there after all.
她说不去参加舞会,但最后还是去了。
13. I have no jewellery to wear. 我没有首饰戴。
dress和wear的区别:
e.g.①She always dresses in green. 她总是穿着绿色的衣服。
②Dress at once! 立刻穿上衣服。
③The mother dresses the baby everyday. 妈妈每天给小宝宝穿衣服。
而wear的宾语只能是鞋帽等物品,表示一种状态。
④He’s wearing a new coat today. 他今天穿了一件新大衣。
但不能说:Wear your clothes at once.
14. Can’t you just wear a flower instead? 难道不能就戴一朵花吗?
这是一个否定疑问句,表示吃惊,可能含有批评或责备的意思。
e.g.①Hasn’t Albert telephoned you? Albert还没有打电话来吗?(说话人认为Albert本该
已经打电话来了,但却没打,因此感到奇怪,并含有批评的口气)
②It’s getting dark. Can’t you walk a little faster? 天快黑了,你不能走快点吗?(说话
人觉得对方走慢了,含有责备的口气)
15. She married a man with a lot of money. 她嫁了一个很有钱的人。
marry sb. 娶了某人/嫁给某人。get married结了婚。
be/ get married to sb.与某人结婚,不能用 with.
e.g.①—Is Jack married? Jack结婚了吗?
—He got married last year. 他去年结婚了。
②He has been married to Mary for 3years. 他和Mary结婚3年了。
③Alice married a Frenchman. Alice和一个法国人结婚了。
16. So I called on you…
So是连词,用来承上启下,表示话语的逻辑性。“我想起你嫁了一个有钱人,所以
就去看望你……”。
call on/ upon sb. visit sb.到家看望。
e.g.①It’s to years since I last called on my former teacher.
我最近的一次拜望老师已经是10年前了。
Call at sb’s house. 到家看望。
②“I’ll call at your house tomorrow morning. Are you free? “—Yes. You’re welcome.”
“明天我想到家去看望你,你有空吗?”“好的,欢迎”。
17. You tried it on and it looked wonderful on you.
你把项链戴上试了试,戴在你身上真是太好看了。
相关分类